Nikon Australia has announced ‘the release’ of some new Coolpix, but haven’t provided those rather critical factors in the equation – when they will be available in the local marketplace, or what they will be priced at!
Most of these cameras are already available in the US from Adorama et al, as any consumer or retailer interested enough will easily discover. The press release was not restricted to trade publications such as this, but went out to the full consumer publication list, which includes daily press as well as specialist websites and magazines.
It’s a profound disservice to local retail customers to publicise consumer products without local details when, if those products are as desirable as they are described in the press materials, they can be sourced immediately and, most probably, more cheaply from overseas sources.
…So here is the as-yet-unscheduled new line-up, with US recommended pricing from Nikon USA, in the absence of local details:
– Coolpix AW110, waterproof to a depth of 18m. US$350. Click here for a PDF version of the press release;
– Coolpix S9500, with 22× optical zoom, built-in WiFi connectivity and GPS. US$350. Click here for a PDF version of the press release – also includes S9400 and S31 details;
– Coolpix S9400, with an 18× optical zoom lens. No Nikon pricing available;
– Coolpix S31, waterproof to 5m. US$120;
– Coolpix P520, with a 42x optical zoom to 1000mm focal length. US$450. Click here for a PDF version of the press release;
– Coolpix L820, with 30x optical zoom and a backside illumination CMOS sensor. US$280. Click here for a PDF version of the press release – also includes L27 details;
– Coolpix L27. No Nikon pricing available.
Nikon also announced two new lenses:
– AF-S NIKKOR 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED compatible with full-frame (FX format). Available in US in March at $750. Click here for PDF version of press release. Click here for PDF version of press release;
– AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR with 1.25x AF-S Teleconverter TC800-1.25E, compatible with Nikon full frame cameras and ranges up 1000mm to when used with the supplied teleconverter. Available in US in March at US$17,900. Click here for PDF version of press release.