Canon Australia has introduced the 24-megapixel APS-C format EOS M50 Mark II, pitching it as an ideal camera for creating and sharing content on social media. It has an RRP of $1199.
The M50 II had been launched in other parts of the world in the final quarter of 2020. It captures landscape and vertical 4K video and can livestream Full HD directly to YouTube. The 3.5mm microphone input, and ‘clean HDMI and USB output, the EOS M50 Mark II has all the inputs and outputs a content creator could need.’
The M50 upgrade features a high-precision 0.39-inch OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode) EVF with approx. 2.36 million dots. The electronic viewfinder (EVF) provides a 100 percent view of the subject. Equipped with an aspherical lens, the EVF shows a crisp and vivid image with minimal distortion, even when the eye moves off the center of the visual field.
– 24.1 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS sensor with ISO 100-25,600 (H: 51200);
– DIGIC 8 Image Processor with Auto Lighting Optimizer;
– Improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Eye Detection AF (Still/Movie Servo AF support);
– 4K UHD 24p and HD 120p for slow motion;
– Vari-angle Touchscreen LCD convenient for vlogging and composition;
– Convenient Vertical video, Touch Record Control, Movie Self-Timer features for content;
– High wuality webcam capability using Free EOS Webcam Utility Software or Clean HDMI Output;
– Built-in 2.36 Million Dots OLED EVF with Touch and Drag AF;
– Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Technology;
– image.canon cloud service for better workflow;
– Silent Mode for quiet operation.
The Canon EOS M50 Mark II will be available as a single lens kit with an EF-M15-45 lens from authorised local dealers from March 2021. RRP for the EOS M50 Mark II Single kit with EF-M15-45 is $1,199.00 ‘with pricing set at dealer discretion’. The Canon EOS M50 Mark II will be supported by Canon Australia’s 5-year warranty when products have been purchased from an authorised Canon Australia reseller.