Press "Enter" to skip to content

Image Royalty Claim deadline extended

Photographers with work published in Australian publications are encouraged to file an Image Royalty Claim with the Copyright Agency, to receive a minimum $50 licensing fee.

Update 17/12: The deadline to make a submission has been extended until January 4, 2019.

Eligible participants must be members of the Copyright Agency, a non-profit intellectual property royalty distribution organisation, and have retain copyright to images published in either a book, ebook, journal, online journal, magazine, newspaper.

Eligible participants will receive at least $50 if the Copyright Agency can verify the supplied information, and the criteria is met.

The Copyright Agency manages licence fees that allow educational institutions, government, businesses and others to copy and share text and images. It then pays licensing fees back as royalties to writers, artists and publishers.

The organisation is continuing to build a database of copyrighted material, which will assist it with recovering royalties for creators involved. Those who applied last year don’t need to resupply the same information.

Membership is free, and applications will close Friday, December 21 January 4, 2019

Click here for more info.

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Our Business Partners