June 29, 2011: Canon has launched a new website dedicated to professional photography – the Canon EOS Professional Website.
‘The Canon EOS Professional site will be a revelation to amateur and enthusiast photographers as well as a great resource for working professionals,’ said Cathy Hattersley, brand manager – EOS Professional, Canon Australia. ‘The content features the work, tips and gear used by the best in the business, so it’s both inspiring and informative – a window directly into the world of the working professional.’
A highlight is the ‘Seconds/with’ web series shot exclusively for the Canon EOS Professional Website. Season One features interviews with four critically acclaimed professional photographers: Darren Jew, a master of nature photography; Stephen Dupont, a world renowned photojournalist; Craig Golding, acclaimed sports photographer; and in-demand commercial photographer Simon Harsent. (pictured below).
Canon will be actively driving traffic to the site, including from its amateur World of EOS website.
‘Consumers can get closer to professional photographers in an entertaining and informative way, while our Canon Professional Services members get a new online platform from which to introduce their work to new audiences including the very active World of EOS community, which recently passed its 50,000-member milestone.’
The new website supports the Canon Professional Services (CPS) program in several ways centred on showcasing their work and exposing them to a wider audience:
– Professional photographer locator – search for a professional by location and/or specialty (wedding, travel, food, fashion etc);
– Sample portfolios – allowing professionals to showcase their talents to prospective clients;
– Product reviews by professionals – get the lowdown on the latest Canon gear from those who rely on it every day;
– Events Calendar – makes finding workshops and exhibitions run by CPS members, or other significant industry events, easy;
– Canon’s Pro Dealer Locator;
– Canon News – keep up to date with the latest from Canon.
Providing a peek inside the camera bags of the pros is the new ‘Gear-in-Action’ series, where Canon EOS professionals discuss their equipment, share tips from recent projects and reveal what it takes to capture the images that rank them at the top of their profession . The current episode takes you behind the scenes of the making of ‘Powderfinger – Sunsets’, produced using the EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 7D digital SLR cameras.