Sony Australia has just announced April availability of the second of its totally nifty little RX0 cameras, the RX0 II, which it is promoting as ‘the world’s smallest and lightest premium compact camera’. Local pricing is just $949.
It’s waterproof, dustproof, shockproof and crushproof, offers 4K recording, an adjustable LCD screen that tilts upward 180 degrees and downward 90 degrees, and has a new image stabilisation system for video recording.
It also has a 1-inch 15.3-megapixel Exmor RS CMOS stacked image sensor and an advanced Bionz X image processor matched with a Zeiss Tessar T 24mm f4 lens. Certainly punching above its 132g and 59mm x 40.5mm x 35mm size so far!
– Shortest minimum focusing distance is 20cm;
– Waterproof to 10m;
– 4K, 30p internal movie recording with full pixel readout and no pixel binning to collect approximately 1.7 times the amount of data required for 4K video;
– Super Slow Motion recording at up to 1000 fps, uncompressed 4K HDMI ;
– Anti-distortion shutter of up to 1/32,000 sec. and can shoot at up to 16 fps;
– ‘Up to’ 16fps continuous shooting
– Upgraded version of Sony Eye AF;
– Up to five RX0 II cameras can be controlled wirelessly using Sony Imaging Edge Mobile’ application and between five to 50 cameras will be able to be controlled via an access point (coming later);
A n RX0 II kit including a shooting grip and bracket will be available from June.
Kudos to Sony Australia for bringing in the new camera at a world competitive price. US price is US$698 ($986). A local price of $949, with GST included, represents a great deal for Australian buyers.