Epson Australia has announced the SureColor V1060 A4 UV desktop printer, its first-ever UV-compatible machine. It will be a great addition to the toolkit for retailers and event photographers looking to develop a market for customising merchandise and promotional items on demand.
The Surecolor V1060 enables direct printing onto an array of materials, including acrylic, metals, wood, canvas and more with high image quality, colour accuracy and finely detailed text. It supports substrates up to 297mm x 210mm (A4), and up to 70mm in thickness, enabling printing on thicker materials.
UV curable UltraChrome UV ink with CMYK+White+Varnish can be used with both rigid and flexible materials with Epson Precision Dot and Variable Sized Dot Technology (VSDT). Additional white ink and varnish can be applied as a layer or spot colour for enhanced finish quality. With dimensions of W699 x D699 x H426mm (that’s a big desktop!), the new printer suits retail environments where space is limited and the printer needs to run clean, cool and safely. No space is required at the rear of the printer, so it can be situated against a wall.
The Surecolor V1060 features a 4.3-inch touchscreen, user-friendly interface and fully automated cleaning system. It uses a 140ml inkpack system.
- Built-in air filtration system – No additional space and cost required.
- Precise line and text quality.
- Low maintenance – Fully automated cleaning system with fabric head wiper and no waste ink tank.
- Epson Edge Print Pro software – Epson genuine RIP which provides a powerful set of image editing tools.
- Epson Cloud Solution PORT– Provides live production monitoring, reporting and job cost accounting (requires Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection)
Availability and price
The SureColor V1060 UV desktop printer is expected to ship in Australia and New Zealand in the second half of 2024. Pricing currently not disclosed.
An A3 version of the UV desktop printer with extra inks is planned for launch later in 2024.