The third quarter of calendar year 2023 was shaping up as arguably the dullest month in the entire history of photography until Fujifilm and a couple of others released some new cameras deep into September. Fujifilm’s releases include a new medium format camera, the GFX100 II, with a 102-megapixel sensor.
Here are the in-brief features, along with the full press releases in PDF form…
FUJIFILM GFX100 II – $12,599
– Newly developed high-speed 102MP sensor;
– High-speed ‘X-Processor 5’ image processing engine;
– AI-based subject-detection AF developed with Deep Learning technology;
– Improved frames per second from 5.0 to 8.0 frames per second;
– Camera can record 4K/60P 4:2:2 10-bit video internally and supports 8K/30P video;
Full press release: FUJIFILM GFX100 II
FUJINON GF55mmF1.7 R WR – $3899
Large-aperture prime lens with the standard focal length of 55mm (equivalent to 44mm in the 35mm film format), close to that of human vision to create a natural perspective;
Full press release: FUJINON GF55mmF1.7 R WR
FUJINON GF30mmF5.6 T/S – 6799
Wide-angle tilt shift lens with the focal length of 30mm (equivalent to 24mm in the 35mm film format);
Suppresses distortion and ghosting, typically seen with wide-angle lenses, to achieve a high level of image resolution.
FUJINON GF110mmF5.6 T/S MACRO – $5899
– Focal length of 110mm (equivalent to 87mm in the 35mm film format) and maximum reproduction rate of 0.5x;
– Suppresses various types of aberration including distortion, lateral chromatic aberration, and axial chromatic aberration to achieve an advanced level of image resolution.
Full press release: FUJINON GF30mmF5.6 T/S and FUJINON GF110mmF5.6 T/S MACRO