Canon has announced the new $1049 A3+ desktop Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 inkjet printer, with availability in August.
The new printer has improved workflow (whatever that actually means) and a 15 percent smaller footprint than the model it replaces. Other than that, it really doesn’t sound like what you might call a technological breakthrough.
– 9-colour LUCIA PRO plus Chroma Optimizer ink (including a new matte black ink) for ‘expanded colour gamut and enhanced black density’;
– Nozzle recovery system and a skew correction function. Nozzles are carefully checked by sensors, and if a clog is detected in one nozzle, others will automatically compensate for it;
– Updates to the Professional Print & Layout software;
– Capability to support panorama-sized paper, and multiple feeding methods for media of varying thicknesses;
– ‘High-speed’ printing at up to approximately 4 minutes and 15 seconds for a bordered 13×19-inch print when using Photo Paper Pro Premium;
– 3-inch LCD display.
The imagePROGRAF PRO-300 will be available in Australia from late August. Local RRP is $1049 – more than competitive with the US price of US$899.