Epson has announced new SureColor P-Series printers – the 24-inch SureColor P7570 and 44-inch SureColor P9570, using a new 12-colour UltraChrome PRO12 pigment inkset and printhead technology with dedicated nozzles for both Matte and Photo black ink ‘to deliver a printer that will far exceed expectations and could possibly create the highest quality digital inkjet prints to date.’
The new printers are also fast, with Epson claiming a 2.4 times increase in printing speed. A new print mode – Black Enhanced Overcoat – delivers improved D-Max for a wider contrast ratio, excellent black density, outstanding clarity, improved sharpness, and reduced gloss differential on glossy and metallic media.
Print longevity guru Henry Wilhelm (Wilhelm Imaging Institute) is impressed: ‘Preliminary data for the Epson 12-colour UltraChrome PRO12 pigment inks in the new SureColor P7570 and P9570 create stunning museum quality prints with WIR Display Permanence Ratings that will equal or exceed the ratings achieved by the current UltraChrome HDX inks of up to 200 years for colour prints and up to 400 years for B&W. Prints framed with UV-absorbing acrylic – and those displayed under LED illumination – will achieve significantly higher ratings.’
Additional features include a sealed roll media door for improved dust control and an integrated LED light to view projects while printing. The new wide formats support roll and cut sheet media and feature a new top-loading cut-sheet feeder door and an internal rotary cutter for smoothly cutting most photographic and fine art roll-media types.
A customizable user interface featuring a 4.3-inch colour touchscreen control panel and redesigned retractable catch basket simplifies printing.
– New 2.6-inch PrecisionCore MicroTFP printhead performs at speeds up to 2.4 times faster than previous generations;
– Extreme Colour Gamut – All-new UltraChrome Pro12 Ink with Violet ‘with up to’ 99 percent coverage of the Pantone pallette;
– Realtime Photo and Matte Black Ink Switching – Dedicated channels for both black ink types
– Industry-leading Print Permanence – prints last up to 200 years colour and 400 years black-and-white (displayed indoors, under glass, no guarantees).
– Customizable, 4.3-inch color touchscreen for easy navigation;
– Redesigned print engine for improved durability and an interior LED light for convenient operation;
– Black Density with Black Enhance Overcoat – Improved DMAX for a wider contrast ratio with enhanced clarity and increased sharpness on glossy papers;
– Optional Epson SpectroProofer – Automates colour calibration and proof verification tasks for proofing applications with optional third-party RIP and workflow software;
– Compatible with most third-party RIP workflow software.
No local details as yet but the P7570 and P9570 will be available in the US in December, with prices set at US$4695 and US$6595.