The X-A7 sports a new 24.2MP APS-C image sensor which uses copper wiring for high-speed data readout, and phase-detection AF pixels. This allows the camera’s AF to be fast and accurate in detecting and tracking eyes and faces in low light. The X-A7 also features 4K video (30 fps) and ‘advanced high-ISO capabilities never before seen in this class of camera.’ It weighs just 455g with the 15-45mm lens attached.
– 24.2MP APS-C sensor with 8.5x more phase detection pixels;
– Advanced AF performance with face/eye and moving subject detection in low light;
– 3.5-inch, 16:9 LCD vari-angle touchscreen (but no viewfinder);
– 4K video up to 30fps;
– “Smart Menu” makes it easier to change settings and see on screen effect in real time.
– Lightweight and compact at 455g including battery, card, and kit lens (XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS).
– Wireless connection via smartphone and tablet app which enables remote operation via smartphone.
The X-A7 will be available in October at an RRP of $1049 with the Fujinon XC15-45mm lens. Colour options are silver, dark silver, green and brown.
For more details, here’s the official press release: Fujifilm X-A7