Sony Australia is searching for 20 photographers to become ahem, ‘ambassadors’ for its new online resource centre, Sony Scene.
Sony Scene is a destination for information on workshops, events, articles and resources for budding photographers. It is set to launch in December, with applications closing on November 19.
The 20 ambassadors, aka ‘Sony Digital Imaging Advocates’, are ideally enthusiastic Sony shooters who can run workshops and events. They will ‘nurture others on their journey to become a better photographer, videographer or content creator’. (Bit of confusion on singulars and plurals there, Sony PR team!)
The benefits of becoming a Sony Advocate are:
– Earning revenue from hosting workshops through Sony Scene;
– A special starter incentive that matches earnings through Sony Scene with Sony digital imaging gear;
– Free membership in our Pro Support program;
– Access to the Sony Affiliate Program;
– Opportunities to trial Sony camera gear;
– Access to partner pricing for Sony digital imaging products.
It appears this major new in-house marketing initiative is separate to Sony’s existing ambassador program, which currently has just five photographers.
Click here to apply.